Energy & Environmental Policy
Inmarsat is a global business with offices and operational centres in more than 40 countries and has in excess 1800 staff, headquartered in Old Street London. Due to the size and nature of our activities, it is not surprising that we have some impact on the local and global environment. However, it should be noted that the satellite industry and certainly Inmarsat, is extremely low on the scale of carbon generators.
Some of these environmental impacts include the use of natural resources, the consumption of energy and water, the generation of a variety of waste materials, and staff and visitor travel.
Inmarsat has made a corporate commitment to improving its environmental performance by producing an Energy and Environmental policy, endorsed by the CEO and Executive Management Board.
Our vision is to ensure that we do not have any detrimental effect on the environment through our business operations.
Our mission is to adopt and adhere to the following principles:
- Provide first class energy and environmental management practices
- Comply with all relevant global environmental legislation and regulatory controls
- Identify significant environmental and social impacts and establish objectives and targets for improvement
- Recycle generated waste materials where possible and constantly review the opportunity to use recycled products, keeping waste to a minimum
- Actively encourage the conservation of energy, water and natural resources through the increased efficiency and introduction of new and modern technology
Inmarsat actively encourages all employees to be proactive in:
- Separating their rubbish into recyclable and non-recyclable waste receptacles
- Ensuring printer cartridges are recycled
- The use of recyclable or sustainable products
- Switching off lights, computers, phone chargers and any other electrical items not in use
- Trying to reduce business travel and use more site based technology such as video and audio conferencing
We audit the Company’s activities against this policy to confirm environmental improvement.
Corporate Real Estate & Facilities has responsibility for implementing our Energy and Environmental policy throughout the business. The success of this policy will be reviewed on a regular basis with the development of appropriate action plans.
VP Corporate Real Estate & Facilities